9 July 2004

Booking of the Pit or The Perfect Pit or How I walk up and down East Coast finding the Pit.

The title says it all really.
The odds were against me from the begining, first recieve sms like, and i quote:
I think book the 20m, 1 pit enough. ... ... I feel 1 of the 20m pit is enough
I have to agree that one 20m pit will be enough, although the people at the ends will have some trouble hearing, or seeing each other. But i soon realise it's a typo, "the 20 dollars pit".
That done, I still have to make another call to another sleepy head who told me that the amount of people coming is uncertain. That's nothing new, so now it's up to "the man on the ground" as my encik would say "to sort it out".
Long story short, the people there were friendly enough, giving me all sorts of advise and diagrams, and gosh! maps! I leave my bag with them and recce the ground, considering the various factors that make a great bbq-ing spot. Top on the list are toilets, then the space, condition of the soil around the pit, distance between the pit, condition of the beach by the pit...finally decided on pit 29 and 30.
They are close to toilet b2, close to shops yet far away to be quite, they sandwich a sheltered hut away from the sun and rain, lots of trees and benches around, AND have a wonderful view of the sea. Perhaps, more importantly there are enough space for ANY amount of people. Pretty cool huh? Trust me, next time U book a pit at east coast, 29, 30 are really not bad choice.
Went for a swim & tan, feeling good about life.

No comments: