11 July 2004

Straighten your back

Every once in a while, u went to a class that rekindles your passion and wonder of aikido. Most classes I goes to now remind me of how much I don’t know, how much I’ve forgotten and how much behind I’m. But that’s ok. Really. I’ve never wanted to achieve or get something out of aikido anyway. To me, training is the fun. I also believe that smiling should be considered one technique.

Takizawa sensei, held a training section with us today, followed by a luncheon and Birthday celebration for him. I had a good day, enjoyed the training, and enjoyed the food. But there seems to be some points, or feelings I can’t put a finger on. Maybe it’s training with these extraordinary aikidoka, who shows you first hand what with hard training, u can also do. Or the joy and fun of aikido. How with patients and a grin, u can teach without words. Or the friends u have, although u meet once in a long while (I believe that aikido attracts the best types of people, I mean, just look at me;-).

My “unforgettable moment” comes just as we were going out of the restaurant, and my back was pulled back and straightens. I turned around and saw this weathered face with that bemused grin. In my 5 years in aikido, only sensei have slapped my back, and that’s only during training. Why, I myself have on occasions, corrected kids on their bended back. To be remained, in such a gentle way, by someone who I just met. I was blown away. Such concern. A gentle reminder to be mindful, always. And to think I don’t even know his name, all I can do is to give that stupid smirk.

What a day.

Latter, after a sound sleep (I hit the hay right after I reach home). I watched the nkf children fund raising program. I was touched by the courage and wisdom of all those wonderful people. Reminded once again that I must take care of my body, keeping it as well as possible, like straightening my back.

No comments: