27 July 2004

What to do with my life

Finally paid back my sleep debt just now. Know what is sleep debt? Theory is that every time u are woke before you wake up naturally, u own ur body a certain amount of sleep time, and u wouldn’t felt rested till u paid it back.(funny tis don’t seem to apply to out-field, but then we morph to super human out field anyway.)

Now, I feel really pressured about money. My mum has been asking me to look for a stable, high paying job. Reminding me about all the debt we have to pay.(“the house still must pay u know”). I grow up worrying about money; in fact I worry about many things. But I’m a laid-back kind of person. I don’t wan to work for money. What about dreams, passion, and all that crab? (From what i heard from friends, i'm not the only one)

There is a recent poll on the paper about if young people will accept low paying job if it is their interest. Well, I would. Really. But will I have the support of the people around me? I think now is the time (seeing that I’m getting out of ns soon), to “decide what kind of a person that I want to be.”

Want to be a teacher, can’t think of any things else worth doing, it’s such a noble job. I will die if I have to spend the rest of my life in front of a computer. Imagine going to the same gray place where everyone wear the same mourning clothes everyday for the rest of your life. The same lifeless ‘good morning’, the hurried lunch, the hopeless morning dash for the bus, heck even the temperature doesn’t change.

No way, not for the world. Still, we have to eat. True, I could go mad with the kids, but hey, someone got to do it. I’ll rather take my chances with them.

But all tis talk only. Who knows what the future holds?

“It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are.”-Yoda (i think)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ello. overheard you telling your blog address to a girl today. couldn't resist coming over to check it out. have a great day anyway.
~wendy

mingde said...

alright brother, we speak the same language!